Python 3.x bindings support which versions, exactly?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun May 24 12:29:15 PDT 2020

Ralph Seichter <abbot at monksofcool.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> having examined the source code, I assume that Notmuch's Python bindings
> should support Python 3.x for any given 'x'. However, reading the Travis
> logs at https://travis-ci.org/notmuch/notmuch and .travis.yml, the CI
> tests apparently run on Ubuntu 18.04 and use only Python 3.6.
>
> While I hope there won't be any problems with Python 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9,
> I wanted to ask here first if anybody has tested this yet?

the old (modulename = notmuch) bindings actually do have memory
management issues with python > 3.6 (maybe also with 3.6). The new
bindings (modulename= notmuch2) should work with any python recent
3.x. They still have a few rough edges afaiu, but definitely new
projects should target the new bindings.