waiting tag

Keegan Carruthers-Smith keegan.csmith at gmail.com
Sun May 3 13:37:16 PDT 2020

Chris Tennant <Chris_07 at witeshadow.com> writes:

> I would like to have emails that I am waiting on a response for to have a
> special tag that is removed once I get a reply.  There are other products
> that do this, but I would much rather do it all from NotMuchMail.

You can add a "post-new" hook which does this. Assuming you are use
"waiting" as the special tag and notmuch's default "new" tag this could work
for you:

  notmuch tag -waiting -- tag:waiting and 'thread:{tag:new}'

Just ensure you are clearing out the new tag to get the correct
behaviour. For example by running "notmuch tag -new -- tag:new" at the
end of your post-new hook.

Cheers,
Keegan