script to move messages according to tags

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Dec 10 23:44:18 PST 2019

Hello,

I'm considering switching to notmuch, but there are two use cases
for
which I need to move messages around between folders. After
reading
https://notmuchmail.org/excluding/, it seems the recommended
approach is
to use a tag to flag such messages, then to use a script to move
the
messages. Has someone written such a script that I could copy and
adapt?

My use cases are:
- find files with a deleted flag not in the Trash and move them to
  the
Trash
- find files with an archive flag in my active mail store and move
  them
to my local mail store

I think this should not be too complicated, but I'm worried about
searches returning related messages that should not be moved
(especially
when deleting messages).

Best,

Alan