Weird segfault with notmuch

Blake Sweeney blakes.85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:37:41 PST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for making notmuch it is an essential part of my email workflow! I
recently started getting a segfault with one tag command. It only seems to
happen with one tag and one search. Example below:

$ notmuch count tag:ebi::dba
349
$ notmuch count from:dba at ebi.ac.uk and to:bsweeney at ebi.ac.uk
351
$ notmuch tag +ebi::dba -- from:dba at ebi.ac.uk and to:bsweeney at ebi.ac.uk
zsh: segmentation fault  notmuch tag +ebi::dba from:dba at ebi.ac.uk and to:bsweeney at ebi.ac.uk
$ notmuch tag +test -- to:bsweeney at ebi.ac.uk and from:dba at ebi.ac.uk
zsh: segmentation fault  notmuch tag +test -- to:bsweeney at ebi.ac.uk and from:dba at ebi.ac.uk

This happens on the command line or if I tag in a post-new hook. I am on 0.29.2
and this started recently. It also happens on two different machines, but both
have the same notmuch version. I haven't played around too much with this, I've
just skipped adding this tag automatically for now, but a workaround or fix
would be great. Thanks!

Blake Sweeney