Bug: ol-notmuch.el: calls `notmuch-show' with arbitrary search query

Sean Whitton spwhitton at spwhitton.name
Tue Nov 26 13:57:28 PST 2019

Hello David,

On Tue 26 Nov 2019 at 08:05PM +00, David Edmondson wrote:

> Could you explain how you were using `notmuch-show-thread-id' in a way
> that was broken by the presence of an arbitrary query?

I've observed that the standard notmuch command
`notmuch-show-filter-thread' doesn't work in a buffer opened by
`org-notmuch-follow-link'.

Further, my package 'mailscripts' tries to pass the current value of
`notmuch-show-thread-id' to notmuch-extract-patch(1).

    https://git.spwhitton.name/mailscripts/tree/mailscripts.el#n72

    https://manpages.debian.org/notmuch-extract-patch

If `notmuch-show-thread-id' contains a query which returns a single
message, the wrong value is passed to notmuch-extract-patch(1), such
that it may not extract all of the patches in the thread.

--
Sean Whitton