notmuch ignoring alot of emails

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Nov 19 12:18:11 PST 2019

Eirik Byrkjeflot Anonsen <eirik at eirikba.org> writes:

> Then I can really only see three alternatives:
>
> 1. Ignore any "From " lines that aren't followed by something that looks
>    like it could reasonably be a mail header (as Tomi suggested). My
>    suspicion is that this would eliminate almost all false positives.
>    (Outside of mailing lists discussing mboxes, at least.)

This seems more hopeful to me than relying on Content-Length. I tried
(but failed) to quickly understand what GMime is doing to decide if
something is an mbox, but it seems possible that Jeff S (GMime
maintainer) might be receptive to something along those lines.

There is a GMIME_FORMAT_MBOX, but maybe something like
GMIME_FORMAT_RFC4155 could specify a stricter mbox format were each
"message" should be roughly RFC2822 formatted.