python CFFI bindings integration into notmuch build/test

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Nov 16 07:51:09 PST 2019

Floris Bruynooghe <flub at devork.be> writes:
> Anyway, this looks good.  Would you like some changes, e.g. the rename
> to notmuch2 or so as patches?  What's the next step.

If you could look at the rename that would be great. Patches on top of
wip/cffi, or a ref for me to pull both sound fine.

> Kind of unrelated, but in my attempt to run the full notmuch test suite
> (cd tests; make test) I somehow ended up with lots of weird tags in my
> notmuch database and made the emacs UI pretty horrible - though it seems
> I haven't lost any email.  I'm sure that was my fault somehow even
> though I was just trying to follow the readme.  But if anyone has any
> hints how to recover from this that could save me some time :)

Hmm. I've never encountered that, but maybe it has to do with killing
the environment? The test harness uses the environment variable
NOTMUCH_CONFIG to point to a test database, and if that was deleted, it
would look in ~/.notmuch-config.

Still that would really only be tags from your pytest tests, and you'd
probably recognize those?