v4 of repairing Mixed-up mangled MIME messages

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at caltech.edu
Sat Sep 14 00:29:40 PDT 2019

On Sun, Sep 08 2019, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> This is the fourth revision of the "Mixed up Mangling" series.
> Previous versions:
>
>  * v1 starts at id:20190528225452.17550-1-dkg at fifthhorseman.net
>  * v2 starts at id:20190530172707.10378-1-dkg at fifthhorseman.net
>  * v3 starts at id:20190531074842.16789-1-dkg at fifthhorseman.net
>
> This is a simple rebase of v3 on top of the current notmuch master
> branch.
>
> Comments welcome, as always!

Can we have notmuch auto-apply a tag, like the "encrypted" and "signed"
tags, that indicates mail has been mangled in this way?  I'm feeling
somewhat morally opposed to just silently fixing mail that's been broken
by bad/irresponsible actors on the net.  We need to keep pushing on MS
to fix this issue globally, so I for one would like to be reminded if
I'm still being affected by this.

jamie.