support for name+tag at domain.com?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Sep 4 12:14:04 PDT 2019

Tamis Achilles van der Laan <tamis at bisc.nl> writes:

> When I send myself an email with this address notmuch doesn't
> automatically add the mytag tag, although the from address does
> include the +mytag. Is there some way to set this behavior up, should
> it not be there by default?

You can certainly script this; for a small number of tags a simple
post-new (or post-insert) hook would do the trick. I'm not sure if afew
offers support for something like that, but it might be worth checking
out.

I wonder about the security (broadly speaking) implications of allowing
random people on the internet to specify what tags a message should
have. I guess you could have a whitelist of tags you allow to be set
this way.