segfault using python bindings

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Mon Aug 26 10:09:25 PDT 2019

On Wed 21 Aug 2019 at 12:02 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> On Tue 2019-08-20 19:20:30 +0200, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
>> For path series what did you have in mind?  One single patch with the
>> whole lot?  The original history at https:://github/flub/notdb?
>> Something in between?
>
> I would be happy with a series of patches, but the cited github history
> has only one commit in the first place :P

hah!  Perhaps the actual history is somewhere in a hg repo, but I can't
even find that.  Not that it matters much.

>> I also recall some comments about the naming not being liked much
>> (notdb).  I'm open to some bikeshedding on the naming if it bothers
>> people.  I was only aiming for something short but under a different
>> import name, which are probably still useful features to keep.
>
> fwiw, "notdb" doesn't really resonate with me, but i wouldn't block you
> if you decided to stick with it.
>
> I'd generally prefer something like "notmuch2" because it makes it much
> clearer that it is associated with notmuch, and that it is the successor
> to the original notmuch bindings.

>From the ensuing conversation I'm concluding that "notmuch2" is the most
liked option, so I'll go with that (and yes, I share many of the
disappointed sentiments raised on that naming convention, but it's how
things are in python).

I'll try and send a first patch series in the coming week.

Cheers,
Floris