Moving notmucch between machines

Bart Bunting bart at ursys.com.au
Mon Aug 12 23:16:26 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this question has an obvious answer but I couldn't find it.

I am migrating from OSX to Linux and want to move my mail over.

I am unsure of the best way to approach the problem.

Is it possible to somehow export and re import tags or can I simply move the
maildir and notmuch indexes over and expect things to work?

I have previously tried and some how offlineimap got itself in a tangle
and redownloaded all messages.  This is nontrivial as I have about 50g
of mail and indexes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Bart