[PATCH 1/8] STYLE: document rules for calls, block comments, ternary ops
david at tethera.net
Thu Jun 13 04:08:30 PDT 2019
devel/STYLE | 17 ++++++++++++-----
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/devel/STYLE b/devel/STYLE
index da653124..aa9f0f3d 100644
@@ -53,11 +53,18 @@ function (param_type param, param_type param)
if/for/while test) and are preceded by a space. The opening brace of
functions is the exception, and starts on a new line.
-* Comments are always C-style /* */ block comments. They should start
- with a capital letter and generally be written in complete
- sentences. Public library functions are documented immediately
- before their prototype in lib/notmuch.h. Internal functions are
- typically documented immediately before their definition.
+* Opening parens also cuddle, even if the first argument does not fit
+ on the same line.
+* Nested ternary operators should be parenthesized at least as as much
+ as "a ? (b ? c : d)"
+* Comments are always C-style /* */ block comments, with a leading *
+ each line. They should start with a capital letter and generally be
+ written in complete sentences. Public library functions are
+ documented immediately before their prototype in lib/notmuch.h.
+ Internal functions are typically documented immediately before their
* Code lines should be less than 80 columns and comments should be
wrapped at 70 columns.
More information about the notmuch