Reply to content of "List-Post" header?

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Sat Mar 2 07:00:45 PST 2019

* Gregor Zattler:

> I do "R" for reply-to-all and then C-c C-l for message-to-list-only
> which reduces the To: and Cc: to the mailing list address.

I tried both "C-c C-l" and "M-x message-to-list-only" on several
messages, but it does not seem to have any effect. I don't see any
error reports, but nothing happens.

> I don't know how this works, though. I assume it evaluates List-
> headers.

According to http://www.gnus.org/manual/big-message.html , Emacs Message
mode processes the "Mail-Followup-To" header, which seems to be a rarity
these days. "List-Post" et al apparently don't factor into it.

-Ralph