How do you synchronize your notmuch tags across multiple machines?

Jeff Templon templon at nikhef.nl
Wed Jan 9 05:40:31 PST 2019

Hi,

I too, am using muchsync to synchronize between two machine, I too have
profited from David's quick responses, and I too deal with the problem
of only being able to "fetch mail" on one machine.

I followed the discussion with interest.

Looking at the isync (mbsync) docs (I can't speak for offlineimap) it
might be easier: the state of the sync seems to be kept in little files
per Maildir subdirectory, called .mbsyncstate and .uivalidity.  If
muchsync were to sync these files as well, then I think it would work.
See the explanation of the .mbsyncstate file in this thread:

https://sourceforge.net/p/isync/mailman/message/34682807/

quote: "mbsync maintains a mapping of remote (col 1) to local (col 2) uids.
when you migrate, you can just duplicate the columns."

He's talking about migrating a mail store from offlineimap to mbsync, I
guess the issues would be the same.

HTH,

JT