[alot] announcing v0.8

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 07:09:34 PST 2018

Hi everyone!

I have just tagged alot v0.8; You can get a tarball here [0].

This version finally pushes some long awaited major refactoring,
most of which is due to Dylan Baker (dcbaker). Thanks!

It is our first python 3 release; version 2.* is not supported any more!
We've also dropped the dependency on twisted completely in favour of python's
built-in coroutines. On top of that comes the usual ton of extra bug fixes,
new tests and some new features (see below).

Usage updates since v0.7:
* Port to python 3. Python 2.x no longer supported
* support for notmuch's named queries. This adds a new 'namedqueries' mode and
  accompanied commands
* config: new option replied_tags
* config: new option passed_tags
* feature: new command "retagprompt" in thread buffers
* extra: update zsh completion

A quick hall of fame of recent contributors:
$ git shortlog -s -n 0.7...
   167  Dylan Baker
    83  Patrick Totzke
    25  Lucas Hoffmann
    11  Ben Finney
     9  Alexander Shpilkin
     9  Michael J Gruber
     4  Johannes Löthberg
     3  Daniel M. Capella
     3  Ruben Pollan
     3  vrs
     1  Andre Bianchi
     1  Matthieu Coudron

New bug reports, feature or pull requests via the projects github page [1]
are always welcome.

Cheers,

[0]: https://github.com/pazz/alot/tarball/0.8
[1]: https://github.com/pazz/alot