GitHub + notmuch scripts/hacks

William Casarin jb55 at jb55.com
Sun Jun 24 06:35:38 PDT 2018

William Casarin <jb55 at jb55.com> writes:

> I've started collecting[1] a bunch of notmuch+GitHub hacks from some of
> the discussions @ id:87d16jtsdj.fsf at kyleam.com
> [..]
>
> [1] https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github
> [2] https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github/commit/fb2d80cf9ee9a5967c78ae6ccda866ee98cdd547
> [3] https://jb55.com/s/notmuch-github.mp4

Hey notmuch peoples,

I've started looking into possible ways to tag github pull requests and
issues. So far I've been able to put together these semi-reliable
tagging methods for pull requests:

    notmuch tag +github from:github.com and tag:inbox

    notmuch tag +pr '"You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at"' \
      and tag:github and not tag:pr and tag:inbox and not tag:issue

    # tag all messages in the thread that have a pr tag
    notmuch tag +pr $(notmuch search --output=threads tag:pr and tag:inbox)

    # this seems to be a semi reliable way to find github merge emails
    notmuch tag +merged Merged and event from:notifications at github.com \
      and not tag:merged and tag:inbox and tag:pr

    # tag the entire pr thread as merged
    notmuch tag +merged $(notmuch search --output=threads tag:merged and tag:inbox)

I still haven't found a reliable way to tag issues and their closed
status. If anyone has something more reliable feel free to share here or
at https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github#tagging

Cheers,
Will

--