build failures on mipsel

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jun 6 07:30:15 PDT 2018

On Mon 2018-06-04 17:52:46 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> I've tried to replicate the problem over on eller.debian.org (the mipsel
> porterbox) but when i build 0.27~rc1 over there in an schroot, i don't
> even get to T357 because the emacs_fcc_message() function hangs in this
> loop (is this known to not work in an schroot or under similar
> situations?):

This problem appears to be related to some bad interaction with
screen(1) inside a sid chroot on eller.  i note that bash also has
problems with command line editing in that environment as well.

I'm now running inside of tmux instead, and that problem doesn't happen
any more.

Furthermore, i can't replicate the failure from the buildd when building
on eller either.  So neither bremner nor i were able to replicate the
problem.

mipsel porters, do you have any suggestions for next-step debugging?

       --dkg