Thread subqueries

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri May 11 01:43:55 PDT 2018

On Mon 2018-05-07 09:09:35 -0300, David Bremner wrote:
> David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:
>
>> This is the first non-WIP version of this series. It adds a small
>> optimization (something like a 10% speedup on SSD), and some
>> documentation and tests.
>
> pushed to master, with Jani's suggestions.

this is awesome.  thank you for pushing it forward!

I'm testing it out now and i am having trouble getting it to be properly
generic when the subquery has multiple terms.

0 dkg at alice:~$ notmuch count 'date:1month..now tag:dkg'
258
0 dkg at alice:~$ notmuch count 'thread:{date:1month..now tag:dkg}'
notmuch count: A Xapian exception occurred
A Xapian exception occurred parsing query: missing } in '{date:1month..now'
Query string was: thread:{date:1month..now tag:dkg}
1 dkg at alice:~$

What i really want is of course something like:

    thread:{date:1month..now tag:dkg} tag:inbox

to find all the replies to threads i've recently participated in, but
that fails with the same error.

What am i missing?

   --dkg