Database corruption after clean rebuild

Javier Garcia javiertury at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 08:09:31 PDT 2018

Unfortunately I can't share my emails without the approval of other
parties. The minimum subsets that trigger the error are in the range of
1000-5000 mails, so asking each and everyone of them is out of my reach.
I tried to replicate the problem using just spam folders without success.

The following is a solid workaround I've stumbled upon. Afew no longer
complains and database corruption is gone.

$ notmuch compact
$ xapian-check ~/.mail/.notmuch/xapian
   <check messages>
   No errors found

I built xapian-core 1.50 but I can't compile notmuch 0.26.1 against it.
I will wait and test again in a few weeks.

If you are interested in my setup, the error happens with this minimal
configuration.

#~/.config/afew/config
[Filter.1]
query = 'folder:"//(INBOX|Inbox|inbox)$/" AND (NOT tag:inbox)'
tags = +inbox;-new
message = Messages in INBOX folder are tagged as inbox

[Filter.2]
query = '(NOT folder:"//(INBOX|Inbox|inbox)$/") AND (tag:inbox)'
tags = -inbox
message = Messages not in INBOX folder cannot be inbox

#~/.notmuch-config
[database]
path=/home-path/.mail
[new]