Database corruption after clean rebuild

Javier Garcia javiertury at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:12:46 PDT 2018

I can't build a healthy database for notmuch. My mail directory has
quite a few mails, around 20,000.

$ rm -rf ~/.mail/.notmuch
$ notmuch new
$ xapian-check ~/.mail/.notmuch/xapian/
> docdata:
> blocksize=8K items=63 firstunused=1 revision=2 levels=0 root=0
> B-tree checked okay
> docdata table structure checked OK
>
> termlist:
> blocksize=8K items=43520 firstunused=8291 revision=2 levels=2 root=748
> xapian-check: DatabaseError: 1 unused block(s) missing from the free
list, first is 0

I've tried to repair the database to no avail

$ xapian-check ~/.mail/.notmuch/xapian/ F
> docdata:
> B-tree checked okay
> docdata table structure checked OK
>
> termlist:
> xapian-check: DatabaseError: 1 unused block(s) missing from the free
list, first is 0

I've also tried to delete the mail directory and sync again with the
same result. I used mbsync(isync) to build it.

Notmuch version: 0.25
Xapian-core: 1.4.5
isync version: 1.2.3