bug: "no top level messages" crash on Zen email loops

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at orangeseeds.org
Thu Mar 29 05:50:22 PDT 2018

On 2018-03-29 04:17:21, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 05:03:21PM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
>> I can confirm this reproduces both the xapian-check and the notmuch-show
>> error. Olly agrees that whatever notmuch is doing wrong, it shouldn't
>> lead to a corrupted database
>
> There was a Xapian bug here, which I fixed on master last week and will
> be fixed in 1.4.6.

An honor. It's not every day you find a bug in a database software. ;)

> If changes to a new database which didn't modify the termlist table were
> committed, then a disk block which had been allocated to be the root
> block in the termlist table was leaked (not used but not on the
> freelist of blocks the table can recycle).  This was largely harmless,
> except that it was detected by Database::check() and caused an error.

Hmm... but if I understand correctly, that's one part of the story: I
could get that error and not have the problem with `notmuch show`. Does
that *also* resolve the issue with email loops?

A.

--
Travail, du latin Tri Palium trois pieux, instrument de torture.