pytest integration for the notmuch test suite

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Mon Mar 26 14:01:45 PDT 2018

On Sun, Mar 25 2018, David Bremner wrote:

> Here's one approach. A given pytest "file" can be embedded in a normal
> (for us) test script.  As I write this, it occurs to me you might be
> thinking of embedding unit tests in the bindings source files; that
> would be easy to add, something along the lines of
>
> test_begin_subtest "python bindings embedded unit tests"
> test_expect_success "${NOTMUCH_PYTEST} ${NOTMUCH_SRCDIR}/bindings/python/notmuch"

I was trying to construct something where a full pytest run on one
python version was one subtest.  For granularity I think treating an
entire pytest run as a subtest with just checking the return code should
be sufficient,
e.g. `python2.7 -m pytest ${NOTMUCH_SRCDIR}/bindings/python/notmuch`.

But the whole test in this case would be this same subtest but once with
python2.7, python3.5, python3.6 etc.

What do you think of this?

Cheers,
Floris