emacs-notmuch: Set variables based on From when composing

Thomas Schneider qsx at chaotikum.eu
Mon Mar 12 07:03:55 PDT 2018

Hello list,

I use notmuch with the Emacs frontend and multiple accounts.  I’d like
it to set the domain part of Message-Id header of any mail I compose to
something sensible, e.g. the FQDN of the host (which does not seem to be
easy, see [0]) or the domain part of the From header.

I was thinking about setting message-user-fqdn based on the From header
in an appropriate hook, but I haven’t found yet where and how to do
this.

In fact, this would be useful for more variables, such as
message-user-organization or message-signature(-file).  Like
notmuch-fcc-dirs, just for other variables.

I’d appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
	--qsx

[0] https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/12649/local-hosts-fqdn-in-emacs-25