a temporary nmweb view of notmuch mailing list archive

J. Lewis Muir jlmuir at imca-cat.org
Tue Feb 13 08:56:38 PST 2018

On 02/12, Carl Worth wrote:
> At first glance I saw "terms ... after ... before" and thought that the
> after/before fields were for some sort of contextual context, but I
> finally figured out what those were actually for. So maybe it would help
> to add some text along the lines of "Limit to date range" or so.

Or maybe drop the "Terms", "After", and "Before" text fields, and
just have a single text field labeled "Query".  The date range can be
expressed in the query.  Provide a help link for some basics on the
query syntax (e.g., like [1] and [2]), including how to search by date.

Lewis

[1]: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/134479
[2]: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433