Select a different sender (From) at reply time

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon Jan 29 03:28:22 PST 2018

On Monday, 2018-01-29 at 12:18:15 +0100, Lele Gaifax wrote:

> David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> writes:
>
>> The way that I do this is shown here:
>> 	http://dme.org/data/notmuch/notmuch-sender.el
>
> Thank you David, I will ad[ao]pt your solution!
>
>> I always remove the initial “From” generated by notmuch and choose one
>> when I hit “send”. In some cases the choice is automatic, but otherwise
>> there is a prompt.
>
> What is the reason for the explicit dme:notmuch-message-setup-hook, given that
> dme:notmuch-message-send-hook replaces the "From:" header by its own?

It's probably historical - I've used variants of this code for many
years.

At one point the code in the send hook would observe an existing From
address (so you can add one by hand to override the hook), but I never
found myself using that and so removed it.

dme.
--
You know your green from your red.