bounce/forward not working due to CR at line end

Gaute Hope eg at gaute.vetsj.com
Sun Nov 19 04:25:20 PST 2017

Kai Harries writes on november 17, 2017 19:16:
> I am thinking about filing a ticket against gmailier because storing the
> emails with CRLF on a *nix is at least surprising.

Hi,

this was actually fixed in commit 71ce2b2 where line-endings are
converted to \n if that is the OS line seperator. I am not modifying the
file in any other way, but I think the DOS bomb should hopefully be set
correctly already if on Linux [0].

  https://github.com/gauteh/gmailieer/blob/master/lieer/local.py#L326

GMail API supplies the content of the message base64 encoded (the whole
message not just any MIME parts) with CRLF line endings.

Anyway, I realized I never made a release with that commit (I just did)
so unless you were running 'master' you would have been missing out on
that. Note that messages that were already downloaded before this change will not be converted by gmailieer, but you can do that youself. All gmailieer cares about is the file names.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark#UTF-8

- gaute