Stashed session keys

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Sun Nov 12 07:15:38 PST 2017

On Sun, Nov 12 2017, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>> Finally, I think it would be worthwhile to resolve the disparity between
>> the usage of "decrypt" and "try-decrypt" in the CLI and config options.
>> I'm not sure why we're using different terms in different contexts, even
>> though the meanings are essentially the same.  A follow-up patch series
>> changing "try-decrypt" -> "decrypt" would probably be in order.
>
> If this series lands, i'd be happy to supply such an term-normalizing
> series for subsequent consideration.
>
> If people feel that this term normalization is the main blocker to
> landing this series, i could try to rebase it with a different UI terms,
> but rebasing the series for this change feels like busy-work to me (and
> would be more effort than a simple normalization patch on top).  i'd
> rather spend my limited notmuch hacking+reviewing time providing useful
> features.

I don't think it's a blocker at all, but I do think the term
normalization should happen before the next release, since I think we
should change "try-decrypt" -> "decrypt", which would affect things
already in master.  But I very much hope this series will land before
the next release, in which case I think it's fine to wait to do the
normalization after this series lands.

jamie.