hook for notmuch-show-reply?

Linus Arver linusarver at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:50:26 PST 2017

Hello,

I want to make the "notmuch-show-reply" function compose messages with
different signature styles depending on some arbitrary logic of the
email being replied to. E.g., if I am responding to a message tagged
"+mailinglist", I want to append a signature like the one in this email.
On the other hand, for emails not tagged as such, I want to change the
signature style (and also set message-cite-reply-position to 'above).
How would I go about this? I tried using "message-signature-setup-hook"
and "also message-setup-hook" but these hooks are run before the
response body (yanked text) is inserted into the buffer. I don't really
want to use "message-send-hook" or "message-send-mail-hook" because
these are run just before sending messages, and I really want to see the
signature in the buffer before sending the message.

I found an old email from this list back in 2010 [1] proposing a hook to
notmuch-reply and it seems relevant, but I am not sure if that patch is
still recommended.

[1]: https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2010/002399.html

--
Best,