buggy tags

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Thu Nov 9 02:25:44 PST 2017

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Tom Hirschowitz
<tom.hirschowitz at univ-smb.fr> wrote:
> I sometimes mistype some tags, e.g., collaegues instead of colleagues,
> etc. Of course, I then replace them with the right version.
>
> But notmuch keeps track of these wrong tags (as of all others) and
> proposes them when autocompleting, which after a few years of using
> notmuch, starts being significantly annoying.

Notmuch only completes to tags that are actually present in the
database. So you've missed some.

> Is there a way of getting rid of them?

This will list all the tags you have:

$ notmuch search --output=tags "*"

And this will replace a wrong tag with the right tag:

$ notmuch tag +right-tag -wrong-tag tag:wrong-tag

BR,
Jani.