Washing GitHub emails to include inline patch?

William Casarin jb55 at jb55.com
Tue Oct 10 10:35:40 PDT 2017

Hey Kyle,

Kyle Meyer <kyle at kyleam.com> writes:
>> I wonder if it would be be possible to wash this email by downloading
>> the patch and present it inline like git-send-email. This would allow me
>> to review patches without having to click around the GitHub interface.
>> Has anyone done this?
>
> I have a command in my Emacs configuration that I think gets close to
> what you want.

I was wondering if you had any insight into what I'm thinking next. I
would love to view these patches via the way magit handles hunks. I
wonder if there was a way to get magit-style hunk browsing when viewing
a patch file with a series of commits.

Things like:

  * Jump to the next/previous hunk/commit in a patch series
  * Collapse hunks/commits with tab

You get this for free with mailed patches + notmuch, but dealing with
large patch series from GitHub is a bit annoying as it's one big buffer
with no way to jump between commits.

Do you know of any mode that would make this a reality or does it not
exist yet?

Cheers,
William

--