search misses some targets

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Thu Oct 5 12:31:54 PDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 08:34:19AM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
> > Repeating the searches with plain notmuch from the command line found
> > all of the messages!
> > So it is probable that my mutt configuration somehow has a problem. Once
> > this is fixed I'll search again for thoses cases where some messages are
> > found but not all of them.

The current bindings are those that you can see here:
http://sources.debian.net/src/notmuch/0.25-6/contrib/notmuch-mutt/notmuch-mutt.rc/
I suggest you compare them with yours and see if there's any
difference. Also, they might conflict with some other bindings of yours,
unrelated with notmuch.

> I have put the author of notmuch-mutt in copy in case he has some
> ideas. One other thing worth mentioning is that neomutt supports notmuch
> virtual folders directly, and is available along side (or in place of)
> "mutt classic" in several linux distros.

Yeah, for what is worth for any new adoption of notmuch within mutt, I
also suggest to use the native libnotmuch support available in neomutt.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack at upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o