notmuch.el: "wash" date in message display

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 23:37:26 PDT 2017

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20 2017, Matt Armstrong wrote:
>
>> I miss some of the Gnus "wash" functions available for message display.
>> There was one that either reformatted the Date: header into my time
>> zone, or displayed the Date in terms of elapsed time from now (e.g. 1
>> hour ago, 1 day ago, etc.).  I don't remember which, but I'd be happy
>> with either.
>
> I personally use
>
> http://mid.mail-archive.com/1427132722-20346-1-git-send-email-tomi.ollila@iki.fi
>
> -- this shows (date) in local time in addition to the default Date:
> in case time zones differ...

Hi

I agree that something like this would be useful. I made some
suggestions further down in the thread Tomi linked to above: in
particular I think there should be three possibilities -- show original
date, date in my timezone, or both.

As three of us seem to be thinking of patching/writing our snippets to
do this, I think it could well be worth including in notmuch. I am happy
to review a patch.

Best wishes

Mark