notmuch-emacs: Fcc to top-level directory given by database.path

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Sep 23 04:41:50 PDT 2017

Arun Isaac <arunisaac at systemreboot.net> writes:

> I am using notmuch-emacs, and I would like to Fcc my sent mail to the
> top-level directory given by database.path, instead of using a folder
> like "sent" relative to the top-level directory.
>
> The function `notmuch-maildir-notmuch-insert-current-buffer' in
> notmuch-maildir-fcc.el calls `notmuch insert' with the `--folder='
> argument. I would like it to not do this.

Do you happen to know if it calls with an empty string as the folder
name? It would be consistent with searching for that to insert at the
top level.

In any case I've noted your feature request/bug-report. It doesn't sound
terribly difficult to change, but it will need someone motivated to
think about all of the related details like updating the test suite and
changing docstrings.