Guess 'From:' when doing notmuch reply

Damien Cassou damien at cassou.me
Mon Sep 18 10:39:55 PDT 2017

Hi,

notmuch-always-prompt-for-sender is a variable defined in
‘notmuch-mua.el’ whose documentation is

  > Always prompt for the From: address when composing or forwarding a
  > message. This is not taken into account when replying to a message,
  > because in that case the From: header is already filled in by
  > notmuch.

Unfortunately, notmuch always got the From: field wrong when replying to
a (microsoft-exchange hosted) mailing list. The result of this is that I
always answer with the incorrect email address resulting in an error
message from the mailing list a few minutes after.

Is there anything I can do to make notmuch properly guess the From:
field?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st