Colorized git-format-patches in notmuch-show?

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Wed Aug 30 01:15:30 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:55 AM, William Casarin <jb55 at jb55.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is an option somewhere, but is there a way to
> colorize git-format-patch emails in the notmuch-show buffer? I noticed
> it works fine if it's an attachment, but not if it's a git-submitted
> patch.

Try M-x customize-variable RET notmuch-show-insert-text/plain-hook RET
and check the notmuch-wash-convert-inline-patch-to-part option. This
turns patches to fake parts, which then get the coloring. It's not
enabled by default, because the patch identification does have room
for error. Admittedly the option seems pretty well hidden.

BR,
Jani.