Maildir sync of seen flag confusing with multiple copies

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Aug 19 16:28:56 PDT 2017

Sean Whitton <spwhitton at spwhitton.name> writes:

> Hello,
>
> If I have multiple copies of a message (e.g. in different subdirectories
> of my mail store), notmuch conveniently only shows me one of them.  Once
> I've read that, though, it seems that only one of the messages in my
> Maildir gets marked as read.
>
> This seems to defeat syncing Maildir flags, because then the message
> will keep showing as unread in other clients.

The following (passing) test case is supposed to test exactly that
situation:

test_begin_subtest "Tag changes modify flags of multiple files"
notmuch tag -replied subject:"Duplicated message"
(cd $MAIL_DIR/cur/; ls duplicated*) > actual
test_expect_equal "$(< actual)"  "duplicated-message-another-copy:2,S
duplicated-message-copy:2,S
duplicated-message:2,S"

I wonder what is different about your situation.