Custom notmuch-show for html?

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Mon Jul 24 05:05:33 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 23 2017, William Casarin wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I would like to never use emacs' slow html renderer when viewing
> html-only email. What I want to do is pipe the html through:
>
>   pandoc -f html -t plain
>
> and then show the output of that. Right now I can do this with `. |` but
> I can only do this after I open the email, which is not ideal.
>
> What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Writing one's own renderer function and pointing mm-text-html-renderer
to that (or something...)

mm-text-html-renderer is a variable defined in ‘mm-decode.el’.
Its value is ‘shr’

Documentation:
Render of HTML contents.
It is one of defined renderer types, or a rendering function.

If you try to work something on this (or anything), please report your
progress :D

Tomi