Emacs "notmuch CLI version mismatch"

david wen riccardi-zhu dwrz at dwrz.net
Mon Jul 10 05:16:58 PDT 2017

I'm getting this error in Emacs after upgrading packages:

notmuch-logged-error: notmuch CLI version mismatch Emacs requested
a newer output format than supported by the notmuch CLI.  You may
need to restart Emacs or upgrade your notmuch package.

The message appears whenever I try to open an email.

Emacs is 25.2.1, notmuch is 0.24.2. I'm on Arch Linux x86_64.

I've tried upgrading my OS, and restarting Emacs and the OS, but
the error persists.

Am I getting this error because Arch needs to update to 0.24.2-2?
Should I switch to git?

It would also be nice if this error didn't prevent accessing
messages. : )

Many thanks!
--
dwrz|朱为文