Bug: fatal error with notmuch new, second run starts indexing all over again

Gregor Zattler telegraph at gmx.net
Sun Jul 9 07:21:47 PDT 2017

Hi David,
* David Bremner <david at tethera.net> [09. Jul. 2017]:
> Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> writes:
>> Since its an email from an open mailing list I attach it to
>> this very email.
>>

> It might or might not be related, but I noticed that those two messages
> get merged for me into a thread 1734 messages long of org-mode messages
> (I have some old org messages, but I think I not the two you mention).
>
> I'm not sure yet if it's a bug in notmuch, or something strange about
> mail from the org-mode list.

This *might* be related with some other problem I reported
regarding false threading of messages, as discussed in the thread
containing amongst others id:874nvcekjk.fsf at qmul.ac.uk

Short version: Some of the messages on this mailinglist had very
weired References: headers mot probably causing notmuch to
misbehave while threading the messages.  But then there was no
xapian exeption involved.

Otherwise I did an extensive memory test: no prblem and an
smartctl -t long and -t offline test: no problems.  Remains to do
a bisecting but I have no free time atm.  Will report back later.

Ciao, Gregor
--