maildir and nmh/mh

Lauren Weinstein lauren at vortex.com
Thu Jul 6 08:22:47 PDT 2017

Hi. No, the local mutt is sufficiently customized that switching
to another version is a no-op. I also have been trying the mh2maildir
script (though I had hoped to avoid this, and don't know if I'd
still have the same problems with duplicate messages in the mh
hierarchies causing apparent notmuch errors). However, the script
as is fails under 16.04, apparently due to changes in the find
command syntax. An error regarding the position of the -maxdepth
option was trivial to fix, but I'm not having any luck so far
avoiding the "paths must precede expression" error from find. Thanks.

On 07/06 11:18, David Bremner wrote:
> Lauren Weinstein <lauren at vortex.com> writes:
>

> > Attempts to search with the same notmuch-mutt macro after the mh
> > hierachies are added in are totally confused. There are many
> > link errors during the serach ("file already exists" references mh mail
> > message file numbers), and the resulting messages list in mutt is
> > hopeless -- wrong messages, headers displayed don't match the
> > actual message contents, etc.
> >
> > So, maildir - 1, mh - 0.
> >
> > As noted above, I purged and rebuilt just for Maildir -- and
> > again that part is working fine.
> >

> Is trying neomutt (with built in notmuch support) an option for you?

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lauren at vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com