maildir and nmh/mh

Lauren Weinstein lauren at vortex.com
Wed Jul 5 18:01:11 PDT 2017

Greetings. I've just installed notmuch and notmuch-mutt, obviously
for use with mutt. Notmuch was initially setup pointing at my
home Maildir directory, and setup ran fine. My testing within mutt using
notmuch-mutt macros also worked OK. So far, nifty. Great work!

Then (this has now been purged and reverted to Maildir only!) I tried
linking into Maildir a pair of very old mh/nmh hierachies, which share
many duplicated messages (but always with the same message numbers,
I believe).

I then let notmuch churn for several hours to index. This seemed
to work.

Not really though.

Attempts to search with the same notmuch-mutt macro after the mh
hierachies are added in are totally confused. There are many
link errors during the serach ("file already exists" references mh mail
message file numbers), and the resulting messages list in mutt is
hopeless -- wrong messages, headers displayed don't match the
actual message contents, etc.

So, maildir - 1, mh - 0.

As noted above, I purged and rebuilt just for Maildir -- and
again that part is working fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lauren at vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren