Upcoming GMime 3.0 changes

Jeffrey Stedfast jestedfa at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 14 11:03:36 PDT 2017

No problem! Notmuch and Balsa are the 2 main projects I know of using GMime so I want to make sure you guys get a chance to comment on the changes I've been making for 3.0. I also want you guys to know that if there's anything that you wished GMime had that it doesn't, now is a great time to make the suggestion 😊

(oh, btw, I just added support for inline-pgp encrypt/decrypt/sign/verify this morning)

Daniel Kahn Gillmor has already been keeping in touch with me on improvements to the GPG support which is why I made the switch to GpgME, so once I did that, it was not much effort to add support for S/MIME (I believe someone from the notmuch group actually asked me what it would take to implement S/MIME support sometime this past year and I had started to look into it but never got a chance to finish until now).

Jeff