Add (extracted) attachment text to the search index?

Olaf TNSB still.another.person at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:55:21 PST 2017

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:41 AM, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:
> There has been some patches (related to encrypted email), that reindex
> individual messages. So that would be a clean fix for that. I haven't
> really thought about reindexing parts of messages, which is what seems
> to be the proposal here.

Oooh.  That's brilliant!  I would have never got to the point of thinking
of attachments and re-indexing rather than separately of encrypted email,
emails with (PDF/TXT/DOCX) attachments.

Then the issues collapses down to two different components
1 - re-indexing messages
2 - plugins/external tools for different attachment types  - hello
mimetypes!

Simple!  So you'll have a patch and next release by this weekend?   :-P