[alot] announcing v0.5
patricktotzke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 01:22:31 PST 2017
I have just tagged alot v0.5; You can get a tarball here .
This release contains only minor usability improvements but lots of internal
cleanups. We are making good progress on porting alot to python 3, finally
introduced a testing suite and now make use of build-testing on travis.ci and
(partly automated) code reviews for pull requests on github.
A big thanks goes to Lucas Hoffmann (lucc) and Dylan Baker (dcbaker),
who contributed most of this work.
Usage updates since v0.4:
* save command prompt, recipient and sender history across program restarts
* new config option: "handle_mouse" to enable interpretation of mouse events
* prompt for unsent messages before closing
* enable variable interpolation in config file
* Add encryption to CC addresses
* Add bufferlist, tablist and pyshell subcommands to the command line interface
* new hook: "loop_hook", that runs periodically
* new config option: "periodic_hook_frequency" to adjust how often to fire "loop_hook"
As usual, a quick hall of fame of recent contributors:
$ git shortlog -s -n 0.4...
86 Lucas Hoffmann
76 Dylan Baker
54 Patrick Totzke
4 Ian Denhardt
2 Jody Foo
1 Atilla Mas
1 Christian Geier
1 Hamish Downer
1 Pol Van Aubel
1 Ruben Pollan
1 Samantha Marshall
New bug reports, feature or pull requests via the projects github page 
are always welcome.
More information about the notmuch