[BUG] notmuch-emacs highlights '>' quoted wrapped lines incorrectly

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Fri Jan 6 03:26:31 PST 2017

On Fri, Jan 06 2017, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 06 2017, Tomi Ollila wrote:

>>> Maybe fiddle with `coolj-line-prefix-regexp', which is "^\\(>+ \\)*" by
>>> default (note the space).
>>>
>>> "^\\(>+ ?\\)*" gets it working, but I didn't think through all of the
>>> consequences.
>>
>> How does that behave different than "^\\(>+\\)*" (quick thougth (also))?
>
> The first matches all of "> > " (which I receive sometimes), the latter
> doesn't.

Ah ok, now I understand: coolj when wrapping lines, adds the matched part
to the beginning of lines (match may be empty due to *, meaning not
prefixing line with anything). I don't see any consequences so far.

Tomi

PS: "^\\(>+ *\\)*" could also be an option but perhaps we could start
with your suggestion before breaking thing even more >;)