[alot] announcing v0.4

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:53:25 PST 2016

Hi everyone!

I have just tagged alot v0.4; You can get a tarball here [0].

I am happy to see a renewed interest in keeping this project alive.
Several people declared an interest in sharing some of the reponsibility
and pushing things forward (see [1] for the discussion).
For now, I will grant the following (github) users write access to the
repository: geier (py3 ports), lucc, dcbaker (testing) and dkg (gnupg).

Future pull requests will be required to pass the automatic QA tests [2],
receive at least one favourable review [3] and should be based against the
master branch.
I've decided to let the version number reflect the change in workflow.
We are now working towards version 0.5.

This version contains pushes mostly fixes and minor
usabilityimprovements (see below).

Usage updates since v0.3.7:
* signal: refresh current buffer on SIGUSR1
* signal: exit interface on SIGINT
* interpret C-g keybinding in prompts
* new config option:encrypt_by_default
* new config option: thread_authors_order_by
* indicate untrusted PGP signatures in thread view
* more flexible account selection for replies

As usual, a quick hall of fame for recent contributors:
$ git shortlog -s -n 0.3.7...|tail -n +2
     21  Lucas Hoffmann
     3  Micah Nordland
     3  Pol Van Aubel
     2  Guillaume Seren
     2  Johannes 'josch' Schauer
     2  Ruben Pollan
     2  Tony Cheneau
     2  bx
     1  Cody
     1  Dimitrios Semitsoglou-Tsiapos
     1  Emmanuel Beffara
     1  Jason Kölker
     1  Tommy Lindgren

New bug reports, feature or pull requests via the projects github page [4]
are always welcome.

Cheers,

[0]: https://github.com/pazz/alot/tarball/0.4
[1]: https://github.com/pazz/alot/issues/908