Feature request: search for last N modified mails

Ico ico at pruts.nl
Fri Dec 2 06:01:15 PST 2016

My normal mail workflow is to keep todo's in my inbox; these can be a few days
or weeks old if I'm lazy. Every now and then I find myself accidentally
removing things from the inbox, and I have a very hard time finding things
back. As discussed on #notmuch IRC today: I'd like to request a feature for
searching for the last N modified mails, as notmuch already has this info in
the database.

bremner suggested this could be implemented using with a query like

   lastmod:-10

14:39 < Zevv> basically, I'd like to be able to search for the last 10 modified
              mails. Where 'modified' would probably mean changing tags
14:41 < bremner> Zevv: you can get the current value from notmuch count --lastmod '*'
14:41 < bremner> then basically every tag change increments it
14:42 < bremner> so I guess subtract 10 and search?
14:44 < Zevv> Hm that would make it hard to use it as a simple query for in alot
14:45 < bremner> yes.
14:45 < bremner> I never thought about it before, but it would be possible to
                 impliment lastmod:-10
14:47 < Zevv> that would be extremely handy

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C