Trouble decrypting multipart/encrypted

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Nov 29 06:34:49 PST 2016

Eric Skoglund <eric at pagefault.se> writes:

> David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:
>

>> Yeah, --verify only works with one of the structured output formats
>> (json or sexp). I suppose that's probably a documentation bug.
>>
>> try
>>
>> % notmuch show --format=json --verify $message
>
> Yes that did work, getting "sigstatus : [ { 'status': 'good' .... }]".

OK, so notmuch can talk to gpg. I'm only guessing, but it seems like
some kind of problem with pinentry, or access to private keys. One
potential issue is having multiple versions of gpg installed.

%  notmuch config get crypto.gpg_path

should give the same path as the gpg you normally use (so, 2.1.13 as you
said).

For pinentry issues, my own prejudice is that pinentry-curses is hard to
get working right, and pinentry-gtk usually works more smoothly; I don't
know if that's relevant for you.