some issues with emacs 25

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Nov 9 15:55:12 PST 2016

Matthew Lear <matt at bubblegen.co.uk> writes:

> On 28/10/16 22:34, Matthew Lear wrote:
>>
>> I will commence with trying to figure out what is causing the problem. I've seen some weirdness with margins when viewing HTML messages too. Maybe that's some kind of bizarre toolkit thing... Anyway, thanks a lot for testing and for confirming that there's no problem.
>
> From what I can tell, this is purely caused by using:
>
> (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-frame)
> or
> (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-window)

Yes, I can replicate this bug in emacs 25.1 by

1) ./devel/try-emacs-mua -q

2) (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-frame)

3) reply to an html only message.

If I M-x toggle-debug-on-error I get a backtrace ending in

set-window-buffer(nil #<buffer  *temp*-321945>)
shr-pixel-column
shr-string-pixe-width
shr-insert-document
notmuch-show--insert-part-text/html-shr

I can't find an html only public-message so far to give a full
backtrace.