rfc for notmuch remote access script

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun Oct 30 04:34:05 PDT 2016

Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> writes:

> Personally, I prefer a simple script that assumes a certain type of ssh
> client configuration. We can typically reference documentation written
> by others how to do that, and just say "put that stuff under a Host
> notmuch section in ~/.ssh/config".

OK, I misunderstood, and thought you wanted to edit the script after
installation. Hence my question about installing into $HOME.

I'm not using remote access, and I don't really have opinions about the
best way to do it. I do have 2 concerns about the overall idea

1. I worry about the maintenance burden of extra code ./configure
2. I worry about promoting remote-notmuch for non-experts when the
   situation with gpg seems quite broken, at least for people not
   willing to store private key material on the server.